Kick Start to Leadership
All too often we transition team members into leadership roles assuming that because they have performed well in their operational roles, they will be equally prepared to navigate their way successfully into a leadership role. What we do know about moving into leadership and management roles is that managing people can be challenging, no longer are you just responsible for yourself but a whole team of people. You are required to undertake activities such as managing budgets, maximising performance, presenting to your team, leading change and managing up.
Many leaders are thrown into a ‘sink or swim’ situation when moving into their new leadership roles. Coaching, giving feedback, motivating your team, decision making and problem-solving are all day-to-day functions that are required in order to engage your people and achieve outcomes. Our Emerging Leaders program is specifically designed for new leaders to skill them up, provide them with a toolkit of process, structure and frameworks to effectively lead their teams.
- Define the role of the leader within their organisation
- Examine the challenges of transitioning into the leadership/supervisory role
- Recognise their own leadership approach and identify their strengths and gaps for improvement
- Develop strategies to adapt their leadership approach
- Identify the stages of team development and have strategies to facilitate the team to high performance
- Enhance their communication skills to influence and engage with stakeholders
- Apply frameworks for giving and receiving feedback, coaching and developing team members and demonstrate effective coaching skills
- Build a plan for leadership
Time: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Location: Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club,
489 Glenferrie Rd, Kooyong VIC 3144
Contact: 1300t2talk or email@example.com