Citius, Altius, Fortius is the Olympic motto
Latin for Faster, Higher, Stronger
A time of change…
With the Tokyo Olympics rescheduled to 2021 our athletes have been asked to continue their gruelling training for another year but in a different and more isolated way.
With the AFL calling off the season our players have been equipped to head home and train alone or hook into virtual training.
With most organisations sending staff home to work remotely workers face a whole new environment to navigate and perform from. time2talk Leadership’s purpose is to assist your growth over this time. It is a time to focus on your self-care and help build your peoples capabilities to be faster, higher, and stronger to fight COVID-19, manage their physical and mental health, and to develop your capabilities for the future.
What we have on offer
Stay connected, motivated and develop your skills through our virtual workshops – network from your own home or organisation with leaders from a range of industries and sectors. Small group sessions are also available for your team to keep connected and learn from home.
Work on your immune system – see our article from the fabulous Jackie Bowker for tips on your internal health.
Work on your mental health – see our tips for mindfulness.
If there is any other information you need to develop your skills and work on your self-care please contact us, we would be pleased to share resources.
Stay strong – Together we Thrive
INTRODUCING VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS
Delivered through Zoom
From 9:30am / 1.5 hours / $85.00 per person
Grab your first coffee of the day and sit down for a chat with Sharon and the team for a Monday morning hour of power! A chance to catch up on our brand new working world and get tips and techniques to stay connected.
Commencing Monday 6th of April / 8:30am
Delivered weekly through Zoom
$25 initial booking – further sessions free!
Strengthen your Immunity
1. Use your mind for you not against you. Affirm you are safe and protected. That your body knows how to heal itself (instead of worrying if you will catch something). Energetically use your mind as the weapon that it is.
2. 2. 70% of your immunity is your gut flora. Get gut issues sorted. Look after the tribe of flora that’s there to protect you. One easy thing to do is add in a probiotic. Not all are created equal. I use spore based probiotics which grow your ‘good army’. Many probiotics don’t even make it past your acidic stomach. Anything requiring refrigeration for example! Food wise, prebiotics and antimicrobials – leek, onion, garlic, Kraut, kefir, ginger, butter, cold sweet potato and potato, firm bananas – these feed the good bugs and/or are natural killers.
3. Fresh air– move outside, do what you love, boost your serotonin and vitamin D. Know your D level as you may want to supplement but not necessarily
Work with A qualified practitioner to help you understand your lab work!
4. Eat real food! Especially zinc, omega 3s, vitamin C. Abundant in quality meats, fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, eggs , fish and broth. Brightly coloured like beets, carrots, berries, green leafy veggies, yolk of an egg, the anti-inflammatory fats in fish are healing.
5. Relax! Stress impacts your immunity. What are your stressors and how will you tackle them. Do you need an adrenal or brain support ? Very important consideration.
6. Sleep – the best free drug on the market! This is when your cells renew, old cells die off. Respect your body and get 8 hours. Use magnesium if you need to.
7. Hydration – as a rule of thumb, your body weight divided by 30 in litres daily. Move toxins out!
8. Wash your hands with soap. Is antibacterial hand sanitizer that kills your good gut bugs necessary? In the clinic I’m using a strong quality immune support full of immune strengthening herbs like elderberry, Astralagus, medicinal mushrooms.
10. Support your digestion! Being relaxed when you eat allows your stomach to release acid which burns bugs.
With Jacki Mitchell – Coach and Brand Expert
A four part virtual series commencing weekly with an individual consultation included!
23 April | 30 April | 7 May | 14 May
11:00am – 12:00pm
We all have a personal brand, but most people are not aware of this and do not manage it strategically, consistently, and effectively across every interaction. Research shows us that branded individuals generate increased worth and value for themselves and their organisations, maximising effectiveness and achieving set goals.
Building your Personal Brand is an introduction to personal branding and development of branding strategies. The workshop will equip you to promote your personal brand to your internal and external stakeholders and achieve desired outcomes in your professional and personal life. Clarifying your brand vision and goals will ensure key stakeholders appreciate what you and your team have to offer.
This program aims to set you up for success in today’s demanding workplace where it is often hard to both get your message across and leave a memorable impression. It will assist you with development of your personal branding strategy, statement and intended brand positioning, enhancing how you engage others you work and interact with.
You will be prompted with an invitation to a Zoom meeting each week to access your weekly workshop, and throughout the 4 weeks, you will have the ability to arrange one-on-one Zoom consultations with your Facilitator in order to maximise your learning.
Mindfulness Tips and Strategies
When you wake up in the morning, before you get out of bed, bring your attention to your breathing and observe five, mindful breaths.
Be aware of unhelpful thoughts– ask yourself “is this true” Is this helpful?” If not let it go and do not engage with that thought!
Whenever you hear a phone ring, a door close or turn off your cars ignition – use any sound as the bell of mindfulness. Listen and be present and awake.
Whenever you eat or drink something, take a minute and breathe. Pay attention as you eat. Bring awareness to seeing your food, smelling your food, tasting your food, chewing your food and swallowing your food.
Focus attention on your daily activities such as brushing your teeth or doing your hair. Bring mindfulness to each activity.
Before you go to sleep at night, take a few minutes and bring your attention to your breathing. Think of 3 things you are grateful for and smile! Observe five, mindful breaths
Be kind to yourself! Talk often and gently to your inner child
Key Themes and Messages
It’s Ok to take time out at work – Downtime is productive time
Work can be fun and rewarding
Today’s workplace and the balance between work and home can be challenging
There is less of a line between home and work
You need to look after yourself before you can effectively look after others – Self Care is critical
Manage your energy not your time
Social Connections are important at work
Make space and take time to reflect
Rest – Reflect – Reset – Use the 3rd Space
In 2020 our Focus is Your GROWTH!
This year we’re focused on partnering with you to grow culture, capability and collaboration. We are excited about the possibilities ahead for you, your people and your organisations.
It has been a tough start for many, and our thoughts are with all those impacted by the devastating bushfires, including many of our regional partners, particularly councils, who have had a big role to play in supporting their communities. A big call out to our own Damian White who has been out fighting the fires in the Gippsland area. It has been fascinating to listen to Damian, and hear from a differing perspective, the amazing work that has been done by all the support crew and volunteers.
Exciting things ahead include Damian who has begun working with us on our new Safety initiatives, which is another suite of programs now available to you. We can also fill you in regarding government funding options for your over-45 workers for accredited and non-accredited training and development.
Our work in the workplace behaviour and positive workplace culture space has assisted many organisations and will once again be an important focus this year.
As always, our capability workshops, tailored instructional design work and team effectiveness workshops are all available to set your teams up for success.
Over 100 leaders participated in our Certificate IV in Leadership and Management last year, we are looking forward to running more of these in 2020 in all our key locations – the government funding option will make this more accessible for many of you.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2020, and we look forward to working with you in the new decade.
Welcoming to the time2talk Team
Will de Graaff – Project & Operations Coordinator, Melbourne Metro
Will is fresh out of RMIT University, having studied Human Resources Management. Going forward he will be responsible for the organisation and execution of our Melbourne programs and workshops. Will is looking forward to the exciting year ahead can’t wait to work with you to make positive workplace changes.
Maddie Walters – Project & Operations Coordinator, Regional
Maddie is responsible for the coordination of our Regional programs and workshops. Coming from a media and communication background she will also be helping with the marketing side of things at time2talk. Maddie is excited to help grow our regional leaders and see what a difference we can make!