About this Program
Having Great Performance Conversations
Initiating the right conversations with team members that focuses them on performance improvement is critical in today’s workplace. Having productive performance conversations can build a culture of growth, continual improvement and innovation.
This workshop will focus on identifying where your team members are (high, medium, low performers) and what approach to take to planning and implementing a performance conversation with great outcomes.
Giving & Receiving Feedback
Giving and receiving feedback to and from your peers, team leaders and managers can seem awkward and uncomfortable, but it is better to address the issues rather than have them negatively impact your productivity and emotional wellbeing. This session will provide Leaders the confidence to engage in feedback conversations by understanding when it is appropriate to initiate them, how to keep emotions in check, keep conversations on track and achieve closure. Leaders will also encourage their teams to create a culture of feedback being a good thing.
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance and benefits of investing in having great performance discussion
- Be able to plan and prepare for great discussions
- Have insight into their approach to these discussion, strengths and areas to work on
- Have tools for identification of what level of performance their team members have reached
- Develop a plan and approach for initiating these discussion with their team members.
- Frame messages and communicate to keep focus on topic
- Understand the importance of questioning and listening skills
- Manage emotions and keep their composure when giving and receiving feedback
- Gain commitment and develop an action plan for follow up
- Manage negative behaviour and get the conversation back on track
- Reach a positive outcome or resolution
Enquire about this program to be delivered in-house at your organisation or call us to enquire about our next scheduled public programs: