About this Program
Listening, encouraging two-way meaningful conversation will assist in identifying and nurturing talent. Encouraging the team to identify what their career ambitions are and to establish a plan to achieve them, will heighten engagement and performance. Career conversations can help avoid inaccurate assumptions, and curb frustrations. This session will equip participants with a toolkit that enables them to conduct genuine, meaningful and effective career conversations that are both motivating and meaningful for all involved parties.
Following the session, participants will be able to:
- articulate the worth of ongoing career conversations to retain identified talent
- identify the various types of talent in their team
- adequately prepare for the 3 key career conversation types to ensure meaningful outcomes
- use conversation prompts to explore key considerations: motivational factors, obstacles to growth, goal setting and action plans
- use strategies to engage and involve team members for ownership of career progression
- identify attitudes to uncertainty, change, and opportunity
- address learning needs/gaps to develop the individuals’ capability
- gain buy-in for change, development and improved performance
- utilise advanced questioning techniques & listening skills to ensure effective communication
- ensure these career conversations result in clear action plans.
- seek buy-in from key stakeholders to ensure outcomes of action plans are met.
- create pathways in co-operation with staff that enable career progression within the business, improved retention rates and higher ROI
- be more responsive and adaptable to marry the needs of the business and the career aspirations of talented team members
Enquire about this program to be delivered in-house at your organisation or call us to enquire about our next scheduled public programs: