About this program
All too often we transition team members into leadership roles assuming that because they have performed well in their operational roles they will be equally prepared to navigate their way successfully into a leadership role. What we do know about moving into leadership and management roles is that managing people can be challenging, no longer are you just responsible for yourself but a whole team of people. You are required to undertake activities such as managing budgets, maximising performance, presenting to your team, leading change and managing up.
Many leaders are thrown into a ‘sink or swim’ situation when moving into their new leadership roles. Coaching, giving feedback, motivating your team, decision making and problem solving are all day to day functions that are required in order to engage your people and achieve outcomes. Our Emerging Leaders program is specifically designed for new leaders to skill them up, provide them with a toolkit of process, structure and frameworks to effectively lead their teams.
Being a good leader takes focus and energy, and the skills, knowledge and abilities of the leader can be the difference between having as acceptable team and an exceptional one performing at their very best. This program will assist your leaders to take the next step in supporting their teams’ growth by being able to identify strengths and weaknesses in their team and use coaching and reinforcing skills to incite high performance and continued improvement.
Following this workshop, emerging leaders will:
- Understand the stages of team development and have strategies to facilitate the team towards high performance
- Be more adaptive in their leadership approach
- Lead change initiatives more confidently
- Build more effective leader / team member relationships
- Have a framework for coaching and developing team members
- Be equipped with skills and tools for reinforcing and redirecting performance feedback to their team