About this program
Giving and receiving feedback to and from your peers, team leaders and managers can seem awkward and uncomfortable, but it is better to address the issues rather than have them negatively impact your productivity and emotional wellbeing. This session will provide Leaders the confidence to engage in feedback conversations by understanding when it is appropriate to initiate them, how to keep emotions in check, keep conversations on track and achieve closure. Leaders will also encourage their teams to create a culture of feedback being a good thing.
Following the workshop, participants will be able to
- Understand the benefits of a feedback culture and have strategies to drive a positive approach to feedback
- Confidently initiate a feedback discussion
- Plan and prepare for feedback
- Have structures and frameworks for effectively giving and receiving feedback
- Frame messages and communicate to keep focus on topic
- Understand the importance of questioning and listening skills
- Manage emotions and keep their composure when giving and receiving feedback
- Gain commitment and develop an action plan for follow up
- Manage negative behaviour and get the conversation back on track
- Reach a positive outcome or resolution
This is a highly interactive program, which will provide participants with the skills to successfully manager performance, engage in feedback conversations and build high performing teams who value feedback.
Enquire about this program to be delivered in-house at your organisation or call us to enquire about our next scheduled public programs