About this course
This workshop is aimed for those who wish to be better equipped to deal with conflict in a positive and confident manner – to in effect “Conquer Conflict”. Many individuals deal with conflict and challenging situations/conversations on a regular basis at their place of work.
Participants will be given strategies for identifying behavioural styles, ways to identify & pre-empt escalation of tense situations, and ways to change conflict into a positive outcome for both sides.
Following the program, leaders will be able to:
– Identify factors that contribute to conflict
– Recognise the early warning signs
– Understand their own behaviour under stress and how to diffuse their own emotion before interacting with others
– Use the Thomas-Kilmann Model to understand their approach to conflict and how to best move forward for positive outcomes
– Have strategies for diffusing aggressive or unacceptable behaviour to create room for a meaningful dialogue
– Apply conflict management strategies in highly charged situations
– Implement actions to effectively calm individuals and manage disputes
– Prevent escalation of disputes and handle effectively between parties to retain the relationship and build better business outcomes for both parties
– Effectively deal with the emotional challenges related to conflict.
This is a highly interactive program, which will provide participants with tools and strategies to effectively manage conflict for positive outcomes.
Who should attend?
Anyone who would like to improve their ability to manage and resolve workplace conflict for positive outcomes.
Enquire about this program to be delivered in-house at your organisation or call us to enquire about our next scheduled public programs.