About this program
Todays workplace can be challenging. Competing demands, multiple stakeholders that you need to engage and influence and frequently changing priorities. Building effective relationships assists us to get things done through others and maintain a balance between our own needs, the organisations’ and the people that we deal with. Consider the following questions:
- Have said yes and agreed to a request when internally I am saying no?
- Do you sometimes wish you had spoken up sooner?
- Is it a sometimes hard to challenge others to get a better outcome?
- Do you find it hard to negotiate timelines to get better balance in your day?
- Are you avoiding giving feedback?
If you answered yes to some of these questions, then developing your assertive communication skills will increase your day to day effectiveness at work and at home, give you better balance and assist to build more productive, authentic relationships.
Following the workshop, participants will;
- Understand the definition of Assertive Communication/Behaviour and understand the benefits of adopting this approach in all situations
- Improved personal awareness and insight into their own behaviour and why they at times default to passive or aggressive behaviour.
- Effectively apply techniques to manage and control personal emotional reactions to situations at work
- Have a process for remaining assertive and keeping their composure in pressure situations
- Manage challenging situations in a proactive manner
- Better prioritise and negotiate timeframes for better outcomes knowing how to manage your own emotions and the emotions of others
- Approach feedback situations in a positive manner
- Have a model for giving feedback
- Be more confident challenging ideas, opinions and requests in a positive manner
This one-day program will be highly interactive with a blend of the following;
- Pre and post work
- Facilitated Discussion
- Case Studios/Real Life scenarios
- Skills Practice
- Action Planning
Who should attend?
Team leaders, Supervisors, Coaches, HR Professionals, Project Managers, support. Anyone who needs to improve their ability to assert themselves in their current role for better outcomes.
Enquire about this program to be delivered in-house at your organisation or call us to enquire about our next scheduled public programs